TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. These terms and conditions apply to anyone starting a TEFL Hero Online Course. These terms and conditions are a contract between you (the customer/the student) and TEFL Hero.
All Online courses are provided by TEFL Hero. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
TEFL Hero may change the content, which includes prices, offers and content at any time. We do not provide a warranty or guarantee of its accuracy, completeness, suitability, timeliness or performance of information or content in the website. If there are errors in the information provided in the content of the website, we expressly exclude liability for these inaccuracies to the fullest extent that the law permits.
You can use any of the information or content at your own risk for which TEFL Hero will not be liable. It will be your responsibility to ensure that any products you purchase are suitable to your current requirements.
All materials, which include copy, content, images, layout, graphics, design and appearance belong to TEFL Hero. Any breach of these terms may result in a criminal offense being committed. This website contains links to other websites and these links are provided to enable the user a convenient way to access additional information.
TEFL Hero 120-Hour Advanced TESOL Course
1. Course Requirements: By starting the TEFL Hero 120-Hour Advanced TESOL Course you (the customer/the student) confirm that you meet the following minimum requirements of the course.
- All of the courses provided by TEFL Hero are taught in English.
- All customers of the TEFL Hero 120-Hour Advanced TESOL Course must be at least 16 years old at the time of purchase.
- All customers must have a competent native level of English and possess a reasonable competence in English language reading, writing and speaking skills.
- All customers must have the ability to take advice from student support managers, who have the capability to make improvements to the student’s result if required.
- All non-native English Language speaking customers must have fluency with academic English.
By purchasing a course with TEFL Hero it is assumed that the customer satisfies the above conditions and is deemed to have a competent level of English. The customer, by making a purchase, takes full responsibility in determining whether the course is suitable for their level of English. TEFL Hero takes no responsibility if the customer is unable to complete and pass the course. If TEFL Hero feels at any point during the course that the customer’s level is below a sufficient level, as per the conditions, TEFL Hero management will review the customer’s work and if the customer is found to be below a sufficient level, TEFL Hero reserves the right to fail the customer.
Before purchasing any of the TEFL Hero courses you should contact a member of staff to check your level of English language and suitability for the course. TEFL Hero does not accept any liability for any losses, costs or expenses incurred by or on behalf of a customer in connection with a customer’s insufficient language ability. The customer agrees and understands that purchasing any TEFL Hero Course does not mean they will be guaranteed a passing grade, job upon completion, nor a position with TEFL Hero. TEFL Hero reserves the right to fail a customer if they do not meet the minimum requirements of the course. The customer will make a full declaration of any information deemed to be relevant by TEFL Hero. The customer agrees to follow any of the policies and regulations set down by TEFL Hero.
2. How to Make a Purchase: Purchase can be made online at teflhero.com. You must be at least 16 years old and, by paying for the course, you accept the terms and conditions. TEFL Hero states that by paying for a course you have read the terms and conditions. You are also responsible for the accuracy of your personal details. TEFL Hero will only work with you in the event of disputes. You must make full payment at the time of purchasing the course. TEFL Hero does not accept deposits, partial payments or installment payments. Payments may be subject to a processing fee. Once your payment has been received, you will receive an email confirmation within 24 hours from the time of purchase. Once you have received this confirmation, please inform TEFL Hero of any changes to personal details and contact information.
3. Refund Policy: If for any reason you are not satisfied with the online course you have purchased, you are entitled to a full refund within 7 days of buying directly on our site only if the certificate is not issued. You may also request a refund within 15 days of your purchase as long as no more than 20% of the course has been completed. If you have the certificate, a refund can’t be issued, even within the 7-day window.
4. Price of Courses: All prices that are advertised on our website are correct at the time of purchase. However, TEFL Hero reserves the right and discretion to change our prices at any time. Please check our website for up-to-date prices and special offers before you purchase. Once you have paid for a course, you will be sent an email confirmation. If you do not receive an email, then please contact us at email@example.com. TEFL Hero reserves the right to change any of its prices at any time.
5. Time Period for the Completion of the Course: All students of TEFL Hero Courses will have unlimited access to the course contents.
6. How to Pass the Course?: Purchasing a course does not automatically guarantee that you will pass the course, be offered a teaching job, nor that you will be offered a position with TEFL Hero. If you fail to meet the requirements of passing a course, TEFL Hero reserves the right to fail you. To pass the course, you must satisfy the following requirements:
- You will be given unlimited attempts on automatically-graded quizzes during Modules 1-11.
- In order to pass these quizzes and move from one module to another, you must achieve a pass rate of 70%. You have an unlimited number of attempts to complete Modules 1-11.
- Once you have completed Modules 1-11, you must then pass the Final Exam. You must achieve a score of at least 70% on the Final Exam to receive your certification.
Our qualified graders reserve the right to fail a student if a student is not meeting the standards of the course in terms of learning, English language ability or plagiarism.
7. Certificates: Every student who passes the TEFL Hero 120-Hour Advanced TESOL Course will receive a PDF copy of their certificate and a statement of accreditation within 1-2 business days of course completion. The name on your documents will reflect your name as it is listed in your course enrollment. Any changes that must be made to your documents will carry a fee of $5 USD. However, we do not take any responsibility for any email server issues, which might delay your certificate and we do not take responsibility for a lost certificate due to in-email problems.
7.1 If you would like to receive a hard copy of your certificate, there is a charge of $14.99 (including shipping). If you choose to order a hard copy of your certificate, TEFL Hero will do everything possible to make sure that you receive your certificate within 30 days of passing the course.
7.2 Every student who passes the TEFL Hero 120-Hour Advanced TESOL Course has the option to purchase an ACCREDITAT Confirmation Document for a fee of £20. This document will confirm that you did in fact complete your TESOL certification through TEFL Hero in case any TEFL/TESOL employers/recruiters doubt your certification.
8. System Maintenance and Upgrades: At certain times our software programs will be updated. We will strive to let all of our students know at least 48 hours in advance of any scheduled outages through Podia.com.
9. Limitation of Liability: TEFL Hero does not accept any liability for any loss or additional expense caused by delay or disruption to travel services, weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods, sickness or force majeure. Such losses or additional expenses are your responsibility. Force majeure represents unusual or unforeseeable circumstances, which include: war, terrorist activities, riots, natural disasters or nuclear disasters such as fire, flood or adverse weather conditions. By accepting this course of study, you accept that the measure of your damages, should any arise, shall be limited to the cost of the course subscription. You shall not be entitled to recover any other damages of any kind.
10. Complaints: If at any time you are unhappy with the TEFL Hero service then please contact us immediately via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavor to respond as quickly as possible, but within no more than 5 business days following the receipt of your complaint.
11. Accuracy of Marketing Materials: TEFL Hero makes every effort to ensure that the marketing material in our website is up-to-date and accurate. We take no responsibility for any information that is deemed incorrect nor outdated, and we will endeavor to do our best to inform you of any changes to the course. We reserve the right to change any of the information in our website at any time for any reason.
12. The Law and its Jurisdiction: These terms and conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of and in connection with them or their subject matter (including no contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and shall be construed in accordance with North Carolina law and North Carolina shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising out of it.
13. Third Party Rights: A person that has no connection to the course shall have no rights in the contract.
14. Changes to Terms and Conditions: TEFL Hero reserves the right to change any of these conditions at any time deemed necessary to reflect current market and economic conditions.
15. Severance: If any party finds any of the terms and conditions in this document to be deemed illegal, invalid or unenforceable, these parts will be deleted while the other parts of the terms and conditions will be deemed valid.
16. The Course: The Course and the relevant login details are solely for your use. Another party cannot use these details.
17. Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions: By reading these terms and conditions, verbally agreeing on the telephone or making payment on the website, you are accepting all terms and conditions of TEFL Hero.
18. Contact: All disputes, complaints and changes can be made in writing to email@example.com. TEFL Hero will work hard to respond to contact emails as quickly as possible. TEFL Hero has very high customer service expectations and will strive to reply to your contact email within 2 business days after receipt of your email. Please be aware that sometimes spam filters do not allow TEFL Hero emails into your system. Please check your junk/spam folders and the settings on your email client. TEFL Hero does not take responsibility for you not receiving emails due to filters/junk or spam folders on your email client.
19.1 Under the definition of the Data Protection Act TEFL Hero is defined as a Data Controller. This means that we use and store the personal information you give to us, at the time of purchase, to process your order. If you cannot allow us to use your personal information, we will not be able to process your order. By agreeing to these terms and conditions you allow TEFL Hero to collect, use and store your data.
19.1.1 TEFL Hero collects the following types of information: Name and contact information including email address; mailing address; interests and preferences; information if you take part in a customer survey; information if you complete a customer feedback form.
What does TEFL Hero do with this information? Name, contact information, mailing address, and email address are used to process orders; information from surveys and feedback forms are used to improve products and offerings; your email address could also be used for promotional emails about new products and to inform you of new job opportunities, special promotions, and newsletters related to teaching English abroad.
19.2 Please note that any telephone calls or emails might be recorded for the purposes of training.
19.3 From time to time, personal information, such as your email address, is used to provide you with requested information about TEFL Hero or newsletters about teaching English abroad. TEFL Hero may send out emails mentioning special sales or that give access to free materials. If you would like to opt out of our email communication, you may unsubscribe by clicking the link found in any of the emails you received from TEFL Hero. If you would like to have your data permanently deleted from our database, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
19.4 In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, you have the right to request a copy of the personal information, which we hold. Please contact us at email@example.com to make this request and to report if any of the information is deemed incorrect.
19.5 Security: we are committed to keeping your information safe and as such we have the correct electronic and managerial processes in place to protect your information.
19.6 Cookies Policy:
User Provided Information: When you purchase a product from us, we collect information from you. This includes Personal Information. Personal Information includes data such as: your name, address, telephone number, email address, and other data collected that could directly or indirectly identify you.
When you visit our website, we may send one or more cookies.
Log File Information: When you use our website, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
Third Party Links: The website may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites.
If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the website, we may use the information to send you updates, information about your course or other purchases, promotions, and job opportunities.
We may use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial, marketing, or other messages without additional consent. We may share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous user usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with third parties to assist us in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the website.
Within your browser you can choose to accept cookies or not. Different browsers make different controls available to you. Generally, your browser will offer you the choice to accept, refuse or delete cookies at all times, or those from providers that website owners use (“third party cookies”), or those from specific websites.
TEFL Hero does not share information.
Where applicable, you have the right to obtain from TEFL Hero a confirmation as to whether or not your personal data is being processed. In addition, where such processing is confirmed, and you request it, we shall arrange access to the personal data and the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed.
20. The TEFL Hero Commitment: TEFL Hero is committed to providing quality TESOL training. Our qualified instructors, advisors, and support staff will provide feedback to students who request additional information in a timely manner.
21. Once you accept the following Terms and Conditions you enter into a contract between TEFL Hero and yourself. TEFL Hero reserves the right to change any of the content, material, prices, offers or time period of the courses at any time. We advise you to read and accept the terms and conditions at the time of purchase.
22. Device Requirements: Our course can be viewed on mobile, tablet, laptop and desktop formats. If you are having any problems viewing our website then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
23. Copyright: All material on this website is owned by TEFL Hero LLC. This includes all material, video and audio, graphics, content, design, and appearance. As per the Terms and Conditions no material on this website or related courses can be copied or reused by anyone without the permission of TEFL Hero.
Equal Opportunities Policy:
- Our equal opportunity policy expresses our commitment to promote equality and conduct business according to principles of social justice, respect and freedom of expression when dealing with diversity in the workplace.
- Scope: This equal opportunities policy applies to all individuals, as well as contractors, visitors and clients who are vulnerable to discriminatory treatment due to certain individual characteristics.
- Policy elements: Discrimination in the workplace is any kind of direct or indirect negative action or attitude towards an individual that is founded in one or more characteristics of said individual which is subject to protection by law and that might create an intimidating, threatening or uncomfortable environment.
- Discrimination can refer to different forms of diversity including but not limiting to:
- sexual orientation
- ethnicity or nationality
- religion or beliefs
- medical history
- marital status
- Areas where TEFL Hero will engage in preventive as well as affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity include hiring, training, performance evaluation, promotions, compensation, benefits and termination. The list is by no means exhaustive and any other process or function will also be subject to dictations by law and TEFL Hero policy.
- TEFL Hero will strictly refrain from demonstrating bias or prejudice towards individual differences which will be valued and protected. People will be given the chance to work in a discrimination-free environment which will help everyone feel that their worth and rights are respected.
- Actions aiming towards equal opportunity include the following:
- use of inclusive, diversity-sensitive language in all official documents, signs etc.
- modification of structures and facilities to accommodate people with disabilities
- leave and flexible work arrangement policies to provide for parental, medical or other needs
- hiring, training and evaluating processes that do not focus on characteristics irrelevant to employment, job specifications, qualifications, productivity etc.
- inclusion of religious or national holidays of all people that are part of the workforce in TEFL Hero official schedule and arrange their leaves upon request
- open door practices to make the reporting of unlawful discriminatory conduct easier
- active encouragement of employees to propose improvements
- explicit prohibition of discrimination and clearly defined consequences
1. All supervisors and managers are responsible to ensure that policies of equal opportunity are applied at all times and that all procedures and practices are free of discrimination. All staff are obliged to follow legal guidelines and equal opportunity principles.
2. In cases when these rules are violated, individuals can address the offender directly. If the issue is not resolved they can report to the Manager. The report will be investigated as soon as possible and all parties will be heard. The individual that suffered the offense will be protected against harassment and victimization.
The party which is guilty of any kind of discriminatory behavior will be subject to disciplinary repercussions that vary in regards to the severity of the violation. Possible consequences will include reprimand, detraction of benefits for a definite or indefinite time, demotion, suspension or termination for more serious offenses. Involuntary or indirect discrimination will be resolved through training, counseling and modification of procedures to ensure fair treatment.